Tuesday, July 27, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different:

I realized today that hey, maybe I should do an actual post about nursing. Like, my job. Because I am the Punk Rock Nurse. However, the mere thought of tirelessly writing about nursing sounds about as appealing to me as getting punched in the kidney by a hobo (which has happened at work...and no, it's not fun. But I can laugh about it now...heh.)

Now, the real issue with writing about nursing everyday is that often times the stories don't have happy endings. The anecdotes are boring and cliche. People die. People are sick. People try to hurt me, and often they are able to succeed. I hurt people, even by accident, and its a terrible feeling. I don't want to rehash all that on a daily basis. I don't want to think about breaking people's ribs during compressions. I don't want to re-see a lot of things I see.

That being said, there is a lot of The Hilarious to cherish at this job. I've cried, sure, but I have laughed harder than ever. I can't make this shit up...the material is too good. On these occassions, I would be itching to write down exactly what happened. And so I shall. But let's not be coy, nursing is disgusting. This job is sick. So, I'll have to leave out the gross parts, but I'm sure you can use your imagination...to an extent. Some things are, really, just unimaginable (seriously).

Stay tuned, my fine feathered friends. Just sit right back and you'll hear the tale, the tale of a fateful trip....that started from this tropic port aboard....wait. Ok, time for a cup of coffee. I am smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment