Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Traumatic Day

It really wasn't so bad, but then I went to my parent's house to pick up some stuff I left there, and they were doing it. That's right. Doing it. Ew. I mean, I'm glad they have a healthy sex life, but seriously...I still don't want to think about it. The silver lining is that I didn't see much at all, and they didn't see me. So I did what any normal person would do...I ran out into the backyard and hopped over the fence falling and scraping my hands then sped away in my car. Why I didn't go out the front door the way I came in, I don't know. It was a fight or flight moment (I obviously chose flight).

Besides that unfortunate little "incident", the day was nice. I went to my god daughter's 2nd birthday party. It. Was. ADORABLE. She is probably the most well-behaved 2 year old I've ever seen, which really didn't do my baby-making hormones any favors. I had fun playing with her and eating cake etc, but it made me feel kind of sad. Kind of a "what if I never have a happy family like this' sort of feeling. But I brushed that aside and firmly told myself that it will happen in due time, and I am still just a young twenty-something (see? I am being positive AND responsible about my life! Hooray for me!).

For now, it's back to the books. My mind is on other things though...things that are male and handsome and confusing. I know that it would behoove me to just let it go and not think about "where it could lead" or anything of that nature...I just find myself intoxicated by the thoughts that I am having. I want more. I always want more...

No comments:

Post a Comment