Thursday, September 2, 2010

Humans RULE

Well, you will all be happy to know that I HAVE CAPTURED THE MOUSE! Alfredo, that is. So it looks like the scoreboard is now Alfredo: 1 Angela:1. So, I guess it ended up a tie. But really, I won because obviously I displayed my superior brain power and kicked that fool into submission.

Actually, I was very kind to him, so yeah...he kinda owes me one. I mean, I didn't kill him. I paid 13 bucks for a "live trap" instead of like a dollar for the stereotypical mouse trap that supposedly snaps their little necks (poor mousy!). When I first saw him in the trap, I thought he was dead. It would have been terribly ironic. He was stuck in the little entrance to the trap and wasn't moving, no matter how much I shook the trap around. I figured that maybe he choked on the peanut butter or something. I couldn't see his face, but I was like 99% sure he was dead.

So, next was the unpleasant job of removing a dead mouse from the trap. I reopened the trap to assess the situation before I pulled him out, and there was Alfredo, alive and well and starting right at me. This of course merited a scream of surprise from me (I am NOT afraid of mice people, I am just kind of a jumpy person. I wasn't expecting him to be alive!). So, I closed the trap and brought it outside.

I opened the trap and turned it upside down and gently tried to shake him out into the bushes. Well apparently he found the trap to be a comfortable little home so he didn't want to budge. He dug his little claws into the holes in the entrance of the trap and would not be removed. I shook a little harder. Nothing. The guy was tenacious. This went on for about 5 minutes, and then I decided I was just going to slap on some of those yellow rubber dish washing gloves and grab him out. I was shaking the trap pretty hard at this point and I didn't want the guy to stroke out. I mean, I bought the live trap for a reason. We already had a couple of close calls.

After donning the ridiculous gloves, I ran back outside with the trap, Alfredo hanging on for dear life. Some neighbors who were walking their dog stopped to watch the show (thanks guys). I decided to give the trap one more little shake before reaching in to get him. I shook once, hard, the way you shake a ketchup bottle to get all the ketchup to the bottom.

That did the trick. Alfredo lost his footing and spatted out onto the ground. He looked up at me, stunned, and sprinted onto my shoe. I, of course, screamed loudly at being startled by Alfredo once again, kicking him off of my shoe and tossing him into a soft nearby bush while simultaneously throwing the metal mousetrap into the air where it landed next to me with a loud clang. My neighbors laughed, their dog barking and howling with the commotion.

But hey, I caught him right?
So, clearly, I am the superior species.

No comments:

Post a Comment